Sometimes it can feel like the world is in chaos and perhaps it’s better to just hang tight and wait. The reality is that this is hardly ever an effective strategy for an organisation, team or individual. The world moves on and staying put will mean that you are in effect going backwards.
The most successful are either moving or preparing to move based on what they perceive the future will be. And when the future isn’t certain then the long-term winners are proactively speculating to prepare themselves for different scenarios that might be. They are getting ready so they can more effectively respond rather than react.
How are you preparing for what’s next? How are you managing your mental state to most aware of the opportunities in front of you? How do you perceive the world in order to prepare and move to action?
To think about this more and to turn those thoughts in to action you might like to review some of our past posts with ‘preparing for what’s next’ in mind:
- Give yourself a good talking to – make sure you talk to yourself in the right way
- VIDEO: The happy secret to better work – are you in the right frame of mind for your work?
- The Perception of Limited Choice – don’t trap yourself by unnecessarily limiting your options
- NLP and Job Change – Finding the right job and preparing for the next one
- Procrastination – read this now, not later
- Following someone else’s agenda – who’s agenda are you following?
- How do people really change?
- The 4 D’s of Defence – what to do when you get stuck
- Breaking habits and keeping the benefits – how to understand and remove unwanted patterns of behaviour
- What’s more important, the Goal or How You Get There?
- Don’t tell people your goals – How it’s vital to involve others in the right way
To create more in your life you might like to take a look at our popular NLP Diploma programme; a 4-day residential course in the inspiring Cotswolds exploring how your mind works with a great bunch of friendly people.
To talk to us call 01865 600 725 or use our contact form.
You’ll find more free information down the right-hand side of this page and you can also follow us on FaceBook.
To find out more about Field & Field and what we do sign up to our monthly newsletter below: