The luxurious leisure hotel, Tewkesbury Park, is just 2 hours from London and less than 1 hour from Birmingham and just a few minutes from junction 9 of the M5. A mixture of old world English-country charm and up to date modern facilities Tewkesbury Park is a truly outstanding place for taking a break and focusing on your own personal development.
Nestled on the edge of the Cotswold hills Tewkesbury Park combines the highest standards of service with outstanding training and leisure facilities in a location where you can truly get away from it all.
The hotel provides a wide range of racquet sports, pool, spa and leisure facilities included in the price. The food is delicious, varied and plentiful and the price includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and a choice of drinks and snacks throughout the day. The staff are always helpful and friendly and the chill-out spaces and lounges are welcoming, comfortable and covid-secure. All bedrooms are private, with en-suite, immaculately clean, beautifully decorated and all have views from their windows. The lectures take place in a light and airy state-of-the art training room with floor to ceiling glass wall with spectacular far reaching, open views towards the distant hills. Just perfect for this kind of event. Our carefully chosen, internationally renowned, speakers will join the group for meals, breaks and sometimes on an informal basis in the evening on the days they are presenting.
Earlier in the day you may like visit historic Tewkesbury or simply choose to relax and enjoy the exceptional leisure facilities at the Tewkesbury Park Hotel.
- the health club and spa offer indoor pool, sauna and steam rooms, outdoor hot tub and maybe enjoy a glass of bubbly with your bubbles!
- you may wish to indulge in a spa treatment or two, including facials, massages and pedicures/manicures. In partnership with the Natural Spa Factory of Bath, all treatments are natural, botanical and chemical-free. Contact the Spa team on +44 (0) 1684 272300, or email email@example.com for more information and to make your booking.
- if you want to be more active, you can visit the well-equipped gym, book a fitness or dance class, partake of a round of golf on the 18 hole course with stunning views across Gloucestershire or book a squash or tennis court. Contact the leisure team on +44 (0) 1684 272341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, take advantage of an afternoon in our our wonderful town of Tewkesbury which has lots to offer. You can orient yourself and settle you in before the Friday evening’s activities.
For those of you interested in heritage, Tewkesbury is a rich tapestry of discovery.
· Tewkesbury Abbey is world-famous as one of the UK’s best examples of medieval architecture. Consecrated 900 years ago this year, the townsfolk bought the Abbey from Henry VIII for £453! There are regular services and choral activities, and tours up the tower may be possible by prior arrangement.
· the Tewkesbury Heritage & Visitor’s Centre is perfect for orienting yourself with the history of the town. It tells the story of our earliest settlers and the town’s involvement in the War of the Roses and Battle of Tewkesbury in 1471. The town has links to the Civil War and is just a 20 minute drive from the Commandery in Worcester, which served as the Royalist Headquarters during the deciding battle of the English Civil War – the Battle of Worcester 1651.
· Tewkesbury is home to more than 350 buildings listed as being of historical or architectural interest, and there is a warren of 30 ancient alleyways to explore around the town of the town. That might sound like a lot, but there used to be 90!
· and when you want to pause for refreshment, the town is filled with lovely independent cafes offering home baking. We even have our own dessert and ice-cream house in St Mary’s Lane! If you fancy something a little stronger, try the quirky and delightful Cross House Tavern for local real ales, ciders and Perrys. The building itself is lovingly restored and dates back to the early 16th century.
If you have a passion for nature, wildlife and the outdoors, Tewkesbury has lots to offer and is the perfect way to engage your right-hemisphere in preparation for the days ahead.
For the walkers among you, you can follow:
· the Tewkesbury Battle Trail that follows the route of the Battle of Tewkesbury in 1471 which marked the end of the second phases of the War of the Roses
· the Severn Ham – Nature and History Walk. Nestling between the Rivers Avon and Severn, the Ham dates from Saxon times and is one of the finest examples of the few remaining water meadows in the country.
· Tewkesbury Nature Reserve is a haven for wildlife. The 108-acre flood plain supports at least 68 identified species of birds, some migratory and other priority species such as cuckoo, linnet and song thrush.
· from your hotel, you can stride down the hill (with lovely views across to the Malverns, and take a circular walk along the River Severn. The route is criss-crossed with marked public footpaths, so you can tailor your walk to suit your stamina.
· explore the John Moore Museum which celebrates local wildlife. The building itself dates back to the 15th century and houses an extensive natural history collection created in memory of the writer and naturalist John Moore.
· a 15 minute drive away, just north of the cathedral city of Gloucester is Nature In Art – the world’s first museum / gallery dedicated to art inspired by nature. The Georgian mansion is featured in Simon Jenkins’s book ‘England’s 1000 Best Houses. There are exhibitions, talks, guest artists and events planned throughout the year.
Information on the above activities is available at the Tewkesbury Heritage and Visitor Centre in the town, telephone +44 (0) 1684 855040 or email email@example.com
We are very proud of our wonderful town and all it offers. We would love you to extend your stay and enrich your experience by discovering some of its delights. It’s a wonderful opportunity to connect with a more right-hemisphere way of addressing the world, settle in, connect with your fellow delegates and make the most of this fabulous 4-day Conference Retreat.
Lincoln Green Lane